CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Glass Trio

I had been inspired by some of the fabulous shabby looking Valentine's day cuteness I have seen on Pinterest lately and decided to give it a try on my own. I am going to a special dinner at a friend's house tomorrow night and I wanted to bring a cute little thank you gift. She likes the shabby chic style and I am not a naturally talented shabby chic designer, BUT I LOVE THE STUFF!! So, I gathered up all my trims and tags and doilies and burlap and just kind of went for it. I didn't really have much of a plan other than to use up supplies that I already had and not spend much (if any) money. I succeeded.

I can't even decide which is my favorite, and which will be the gift I give. Probably leaning towards the unscented jar candle in the middle of the picture above.

I found that at the local WinCo grocery store in the section where you find the religious saint candles. You know, next to the spices and canned chili peppers and stuff like that? Yeah, there. Anyway, they were .89 cents. I was shocked! I mean, that is cheaper than the dollar store! ;-)


I am going to see if I can come up with some ideas to use them for other holidays.
I also used a tall skinny jar and, to be honest, I have no idea where it came from. I recall ripping off the labels but I don't remember what kind of label it was. Oh well. I reused the bottle underneath it and I guess that is the important part. Right?

The other one is just an old mason jar that I have in the garage waiting for summer to come so I can make more jam. So, that is about it! I made some cute jars today. I am happy.




Linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm going to have to dig some jars out of the recycling bin now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I must start saving my jars!! Would love it if you came by and linked up to my Manic Monday Linky Party!
    -Melissa
    http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to love about each of these jars!! Oh my goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.