CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Button Projects

It was recently another crafty evening with my crafty group of ladies and the hostess found an idea on Pinterest, with a pretty great tutorial, and she wanted to have us try it for our Valentine's day craft. Trouble was, the original design called for some ribbon roses, like, 50 per piece and there were going to be waaaaay too many of us to get them all done ahead of time and we probably couldn't have gotten them all done that night. So, she came up with the button idea to make things go quicker. I LOVE the way my heart one turned out! It was kind of cool to see all the different spins that all the ladies took. None of them were the same. Total creative freedom was taken but with the same general concept. Love that about our little group!

Now, I am a long time crafter and, believe it or not, this was my first time ever painting on an actual canvas! I am hooked. I am looking all over the place for other projects to make using them. I took the same button on weathered canvas idea and made a "Spring" sign for my sister. I have two more and am thinking of making a shamrock and then maybe a patriotic star or something. I will keep you posted.

So, the painted and weathered canvas techniques are pretty well explained on the original crafter's website, so I won't go into details here. The only things we did differently, were to hot glue a ton of buttons (around 150, but who's counting,) and use vinyl cutout words instead of rub-ons. I also thought a bow would be cute added to the front of my objects just for a little more interest. Lovin' it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.