CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Be Happy Shadow Box


On one of my dollar store excursions, I ran across a couple of wood items that seemed promising. I found a little shadow box that was a great size but had a beachy scene outlined on the inside and appeared to be intended for kids to paint. I thought it would be better off as some other kind of craft.
I started by painting the whole box in a buttermilk color and sanded the edges. I decided on my scrapbook paper and attached it with Mod Podge and cut out the letter with my Cricut and put them in place. I covered that with a layer of the MP too.


Then I made a cute little burlap, fabric and button flower and attached it to the inside. I used twine around the outside of the frame, just to rustic it up a bit. It had hanging hooky things on the back which I decided to ignore and placed it in one of my plate stands instead. Super easy craft and only cost me $1 plus supplies I already had. LOVE the cheap stuff. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I really like the burlap flower :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my new bag!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.