CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 29, 2012

"Spooky" Halloween Board Decoration



MOPS is next week and I wanted to make something special for my new friends at my table that would be cute and cheap. (Two of my favorite crafting adjectives...) I had an idea of making a little shelf sitter or doorknob hanger or something like that. I went out on a quest for materials. I found a package of 48 plaques in various sizes at Hobby Lobby and with my 40% coupon, I got the package for $6! Not a bad price for that many potential gifts! The only thing I had to purchase was some scrapbook paper and a little ribbon. I had everything else on hand. Love it when that happens!

Before the addition of the googlies...
Though, for some reason I stressed over the googly eyes. Still am not 100% sold on them. I mean, they are cute, but I think the little board is cute all by itself. I cut out the "spooky" using black vinyl and my Cricut. I used Stampin'Up punches for the shapes and my new Stampin'Up hostess set called Mixed Medley for the little spider web. I made the accordion folded flowers using the Stampin'Up Simply Scored scoring tool. Mod Podged over the whole board before hot gluing the embellishment on.
Very happy with the results! Hoping my table group will love them too. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.