CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crocheted Shamrock Wreath





I was recently taught how to make crocheted hearts by a friend of mine. I was hooked! (how punny... get it??) Started whipping those things out like it was nothing. While I was there, She gave us a pattern to make shamrocks too! I was so excited to get started. I made a crocheted garland with my new hearts and it looked super cute put up with my Valentine's day decor. So then I moved on to learning and conquering the shamrocks. I don't usually decorate for St. Patrick's day itself, but go straight to Easter and Spring stuff. I thought I would give the Irish holiday a turn. Starting small this year. Just a few little things on my mantel and some green flowers in my flower vase. No biggie. What I thought was still missing was something for my front door. I used a Styrofoam wreath form that I wrapped in white yarn, then criss-crossed hunter green yarn around the wreath. Next I painted a rectangular wood piece with chalkboard paint. I further embellished with some green buttons that I found in my jar o' buttons and called it good. I am liking the simplicity of it. Yes, definitely feeling the green love...

If you would like a pretty good picture tutorial of how to make the shamrocks yourself, go here. Though it is not exactly the same as the pattern I used, it looks easy enough even for beginning crocheters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.