CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 30, 2011

Winter Pickle Jar

Ever been to Costco or Sam's Club and seen those big pickle jars and wonder who the heck would eat all those pickles? Well, I am raising my hand. Yep. Just call me pickle fiend. Haha. Needless to say, I have a bunch of pickle jars on hand usually and am always trying to find new ways to use them. I had seen an idea recently on Pinterest that made snow globes out of mason jars and thought I could give the large pickle jar some similar life.
<--- This is what I came up with.
I ended up putting it with my Christmas decorations with about 3 days to spare. Bummer I couldn't have made it earlier in the season. But... I am remedying the situation by calling it appropriate for "winter" and leaving it up for awhile with the rest of my "winter" (A.K.A. too-cute-to-put-away-so-early) decorations.
All I did was spray paint the lid black and added fake snow, random berries and a pinecone that I had on hand and some dollar store mini trees, then tied a bow to match the other "winter" stuff still on the mantel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.