CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 24, 2014

Super Fantastic Cinnamon Sugar Crisps

We are having another tight budget week and are low in the snack food department. I had kids just getting home from school and demanded asked politely for something to eat since they were DYING OF STARVATION very hungry. (Haha...) So what was I to do? I grabbed the tortillas, some sugar and cinnamon, a little bit of oil, a brown paper bag, and my frying pan.

How is it possible that something so simple could be so good??

The "recipe"- Cinnamon Crisps (a.k.a. Bunuelos)

I cut up about 5 flour tortillas into wedges and set them aside. Next, I heated about 1/4 cup oil in the frying pan. Then, I mixed up about 1 cup of sugar and about 1 Tbsp of cinnamon and put it in the bottom of a giant brown lunch sack.. After that, I put about 5 wedges in the hot oil at a time and fried them until they were a light golden brown on each side. This only takes about 15-20 seconds per side. Then I removed them with tongs, drained off the oil by tapping them on a paper towel, and then threw I them in the bag. Once I had fried all of them, I closed up the bag and shook them well until the tortilla wedges were coated with the cinnamon sugar blend. Then I served them to my "fainting-from-hunger" children and niece. They loved me again and perked up enough to go back to playing their video games. (It is Friday after all...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.