CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

I have seen so many cute ideas to celebrate the fourth of July this year that I just had to give some of them a shot. I loved the patriotic strawberry idea so I made a batch of those. I was lucky to have found awesome strawberries at Costco. They are HUGE! Filled the palm of my hand nearly and really sweet as well. Yummmmmmmm. I am a superfan of strawberries. And they are even better dipped in white chocolate and covered in sprinkles.

I also planned to make some of our family recipe sugar cookies. They are also yummy and I make them for most holidays. The kids kind of expect them so who am I to disappoint them? (Ok, I can't keep my hands off of them either but don't tell them I told you.) Usually I make buttercream frosting and use holiday themed sprinkles and decorations but I happened to have leftover white chocolate from the strawberries so I had a brilliant idea to cover the cookies in the chocolate. Oh WOW! They are super good this way. They remind me of those animal cookies that you get when you are young. You know, the pink and white ones? Only these are homemade and don't have the waxy taste to them. It is just such a horrible thing that they keep jumping off the tray and breaking. Shame. I just had to eat them to get rid of the evidence of my clumsiness... What?! It's legit. Really. I mean, they had to go somewhere. And this way everyone wins. I mean, I can't serve broken chocolate dipped cookies to my guests and family now, could I? ;-)
My brother and his family are coming over and we plan on having a ton of fireworks. Should be a blast! Hope you all celebrate safely! Happy Independence Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.