CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 22, 2011

Pinwheel Garland and Summer Mantel

Ok, ok. So it isn't a masterpiece, however... I am happy to announce that it is finished. Behold, my summer mantel! (Breathtaking. Right??) The "pain in the butt," as I have affectionately referred to it for months, is complete! At this point, I have to just step back, call it good enough and move on. I know it isn't perfect, but I have to give myself that kind freedom or my head would explode. And I have. Feels kinda nice. I am just being real with myself. Though I do wish I had adjusted/evened out the placements of things BEFORE I took the photo. lol... typical me. ;-)

I just realized I need to change the batteries on my small clock. I tell ya... the things I get distracted by...

I wonder what is next for me. I do have a couple of sons with birthdays coming up in August. I suppose I should really start obsessively thinking about those details next. lol. That seems to be my habit these days. Lots of thinking and only a fraction of action. I'm working on that! I am, I am!!
I ended up getting both inspiration and a tutorial for the garland from this website I found on Pinterest.com. It was really easy, but a little bit time consuming. I can imagine doing something similar for other holidays and parties. I am kind of excited to know how to do this now. I have been a tad obsessed with pinwheels this summer for some reason. So, gather your necessary supplies, and head over to her sight so you can get busy making one of your own. I am sure she would appreciate the visit. :) 


2 comments:

  1. Great project! I found you through the linking party at Somewhat Simple :)
    I'd like to invite you to join my T.G.I.F. Linky Party to share your fabulous projects. I'm looking to grow my weekly party with fabulous projects just like this one. Here is the direct link and I hope you can visit sometime.
    Tracy
    T.G.I.F. Linky Party every Thursday evening - Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I'm loving your blog! The jam recipe..yum! I am a new follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow back! I also am having a giveaway right now if you would like to enter!

    Have a great day!

    Kirsten
    www.mwushkiloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.