CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

EEK! A Rag Wreath!


I needed a new wreath for my front door since the last ghost one I had made fell to its' death last Halloween. I had seen some wreaths made with plumbers insulating tubing and so I bought some at Lowes to give it a shot. I loved it! Only .50 cents per wreath form! I will make sure to use that idea a whole lot more in the future. This particular wreath is pretty straightforward. Just cut the tubing, tape the ends with strong tape (such as duct tape,) start wrapping it in fabric strips until it is covered and then add the embellished letters using craft wire. The sky is the limit with this!  I added the googly eyes after I thought I was finished. Seemed like it needed a reason to have "EEK" on it. I am supposing that googly eyes do the trick. (Or at least that is what I am telling myself.) I think overall it turned out to be a cute little non-scary front door greeting and has just enough whimsy for me. Happy? Yes.

The other half of the tubing will be turned into a Christmas wreath probably. Unless (I am hoping...) my sister carries through with her threat to come over and make one of these on her own. She was loving it too! (I love crafting with a buddy.) So...We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Totally Halloween! Very great idea! How much would you say it cost you total to make this wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already had the googly eyes and paint and glitter, but otherwise, it was probably around 5 bucks. It just depends on what supplies you already have on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.