I bought myself some muslin recently to make a project for my son's birthday. I ended up having some extra. (I may or may not have planned it that way... I will never tell...) Anyway, I went to my treasure trove of inspiration (Pinterest, of course) and came out with a couple of cool ideas for what to do with my new fabric/toy. Here is one of them. So, that got me thinking. This is what I ended up with! Super easy and very primitive/folksy/countrified. Haven't done anything like that in awhile. It felt kind of nice.
Got a couple of other things in the works today, including a framed pumpkin and a "eek" wreath. Busy busy and loving every minute of it. :)
|Purchased tag is stamped in dark brown ink|
then edges are inked too.
|Make a template and trace around edges. |
Cut out and sew pieces together with 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Leave 1" opening, turn to the right side.
Stuff with fiberfill. Top stitch opening closed.
|Paint each layer with candy corn colors |
and allow to dry completely.
|The one on the right is distressed.|
I like it better that way. Adds character.
Used medium grit sandpaper.
|Finished Product! |
Twine ties them both together.
Also added a purchased berry stem for even more fall-ish flair.
Sitting on an aged doilie on my shelf.