CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pico De Gallo Salsa



I was totally in the mood for some salsa. Maybe I was craving the vitamin c from the tomatoes. Not sure. But it seemed like a good enough excuse to make some so I went for it. I love my salsa recipe. It is the result of many batches and adjustments to get it to where my whole family will eat it. That is a huge accomplishment, because, (in case you have missed this fact,) salsa is made of tomatoes and tomatoes are a vegetable. Avila children tend not to prefer the red things too much unless they are squished into ketchup. That is, unless they are found cut up all cute and put in mom's salsa and served with white corn tortilla chips on the side. I suggest you try some next time you get a craving. Yummy. (But I may be biased.)

Jen's Pico De Gallo Salsa

5 lg tomatoes, seeded, sliced and diced
1 small white onion, sliced and finely diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno (or more to taste) seeded, sliced and chopped finely
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground oregano
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Splenda (or sugar if I'm feeling all naughty) ;-)

Mix up all the ingredients in a medium bowl, allow to sit in refrigerator for about an hour and then serve. REALLY yummy with chips but even better when you save some to put on tostadas or tacos or whatever else you use salsa for. Tada. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Powered by Blogger.